Foodies are well catered for on the Sunshine Coast. Tantalise your tastebuds in a day of samplings and discovery including wine, coffee, ginger, cheeses, sweets and more, with a feast for your eyes as well as you see some of the best sights of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
We suggest you try these Sunshine Coast Foodies Tours or Cooking Classes:
Sunshine Coast Food Trail App
Create your own adventure by using the Sunshine Coast Food Trail easy mapping tool. The Food Trail mobile site shows visitors where to go to explore the way food goes from paddock to plate with a full rundown of venues such as wineries, restaurants, farms and markets.
For example, you can select Maroochydore to Noosa as the region you wish to cover, then choose your interest, such as farm gates, food tourist attractions, farmers markets or cooking schools, and the app will create a list of what’s available in the region.
If a DIY tour is not your thing try one of these group or private foodie tours:
1. Mystic Mountain Gourmet Food Tours takes you on a comfortable bus tour featuring amazing sights, warm hospitality and the delicious cuisine of the Sunshine Coast. Gourment Food Tours include:
• Maleny & Montville Gourmet Tour
• Country Picnic Tour
• Hidden Food Unearthed
Cost: $120.00 for full day tours 9.00 am to mid afternoon or $79 for half day 10am to 2pm (Just Desserts).
2. Live It Gourmet Food &Tours is the only tour company that takes you behind the scenes like never before to uncover the Sunshine Coast’s unique lifestyle, culture and fresh seasonal produce. Sip local wines in open spaces and be treated to fresh seasonal produce while taking in the unique lifestyle and natural beauty of the Sunshine Coast. Cost $260 per person all inclusive.
Learn to cook like a professional chef at one of the Sunshine Coast’s Cooking Schools such as:
1. Paterson’s Cooking School, Kawana will inspire you to create dish after dish from countries all over the world, and teach you skills to make you a culinary star.
There are a range of cuisines to select from, Asian Fusion, Italian Inspiration, Made in Morocco, Decadent Desserts, to name a fews. Cost ranges from $60 to $150 per person.
2. The Tamarind Cooking School, Maleny offers the opportunity to learn the intricacies of a range of cuisines from expert chefs in a state of the art cooking school, overlooking inspirational gardens in the heart of a beautiful rainforest.
Long course cooking classes run for 4 hours from 10am to 2pm every Saturday at $165 per person, including apron, lunch and wine. Short course demonstrations run for 2 hours from 6.00pm – 8.00pm on the third Sunday of every month at 10am for $45 per person, including tastings.
3. Spirit House Cooking School, Yandina. Whether you’re a competent cook or simply want a basic understanding of Asian ingredients and cooking methods, a hands-on Spirit House cooking class is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and have an enjoyable day out which includes lunch/dinner and wine. Cost $150 per person for 4 hours morning or evening.
Come to the Sunshine Coast for a foodie experience like no other. Book your Sunshine Coast Accommodation in centrally located Maroochydore at M1 Resort. Select from a large stylish one, two or three bedroom apartment with all the comforts of home and a fully equipped kitchen to practice your newly acquired cooking skills. BOOK NOW