Summer is coming to the Sunshine Coast and with it the beginning of the festive season! Maroochydore is the perfect spot on the Sunshine Coast for a Summer holiday. With it’s central location, proximity to the Sunshine Coast Airport, the sparkling waters of the Maroochy River, patrolled golden sandy beach, great shopping at Sunshine Plaza and a range of eateries and bars in Ocean Street and at nearby Cotton Tree.
Sunshine Coast Events Not To Miss This Summer!
This Summer there are heaps of summery events that will get you into the festive season mood, including:
Sat 1 Dec – Sunshine Coast Craft Beer & Cider Festival at Sunshine Coast Stadium
Sun 2 Dec – STEPS Autism Treehouse Initiative Christmas Party – Sunshine Coast Stadium
Sat 8 Dec – Carols at Cotton Tree in Cotton Tree Park
14 to 18 Dec – Rip Curl GromSearch Sunshine Coast
14 Dec – 24 Jan – School Holiday Outdoor Adventure Dropoff Program – Apex Camps Maroochydore
Fri 21 Dec – Christmas Night Markets in Eumundi
Sat 22 Dec – Mooloolaba Christmas Boat Parade – Mooloolaba
Sat 22 Dec – Aussie World Christmas Spectacular – Palmview
Mon 31 Dec – NYE Celebrations on Mooloolaba Esplanade
14-25 January – Coast Club School Holiday Activities – Sunshine Coast Recreation Centre
18-20 Jan – Ginger Food & Flower Festival – Yandina
Sun 20 Jan – Under The Southern Stars – Sunshine Coast Stadium
Sunshine Coast Top 10 Summer Things To Do!
1. Swim, surf or bodyboard at one of the Sunshine Coast’s stunning beaches
2. Visit one of Sunshine Coast’s Theme Parks: SEALIFE, Aussie World or Australia Zoo.
3. Spend a day slipping and sliding on the giant inflatables as Bli Bli Aqua Park
4. Paddle a kayak or standup paddle board on the Maroochy River
5. Take a relaxing cruise on the waterways of Mooloolaba or enjoy the thrills of a jet boat ride.
6. Drive into the lush greenness of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
7. Party like it’s 1999 at Ocean Street Party the first Friday of each month in Maroochydore.
8. Shop until you drop, hire a paddle boat, take in a movie or enjoy a meal at one of the Riverwalk eateries at Sunshine Coast Plaza.
9. Savour a nice cold craft beer at one of Sunshine Coast’s Craft Beer Breweries.
10. Stroll the Sunshine Coast Oceanway and take in the incredible views of the coastline.
Your perfect Sunshine Coast Summer Holiday Accommodation is here at M1 Resort. Situated in the heart of the Sunshine Coast alongside Cornmeal Creek in Maroochydore, M1 Resort offers waterside apartments with balcony views of the Pacific Ocean, Maroochy River, Cornmeal Creek or the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.