The new Maroochydore City Centre redevelopment is currently well underway that comprises of:
- Creating a city heart in Maroochydore
- Delivering fully approved and serviced land for commercial, retail, residential, civic, cultural and community uses
- Building publically accessible waterways as a defining feature
- Facilitating rail based public transport via CAMCOS and possibly future light rail
- Creating a multi-modal public transport system
- Delivering a new road network to provide additional capacity to the existing road network within Maroochydore
- Providing interconnected public open space
- Establishing a central Sunshine Coast location for regional arts and entertainment.
With extensive networks of underground infrastructure now installed, there is no doubt that
momentum is building around this ground-breaking project.
The new street names have also recently been revealed with Festival Parade, Lightning Lane, Future Way, Sunshine Coast Parade, Mundoo Boulevard, Gaba Lane, South Sea Islander Way, Market Lane, Fairway Drive, Red Bill Lane and First Avenue, being amongst the names selected.
Construction of the first buildings on site is expected to start later this year.
This new development for Maroochydore will make it the “capital” of the Sunshine Coast and will bring more visitors to the city.
Looking for accommodation in the heart of the Sunshine Coast in Maroochydore? Look no further than M1 Resort offering waterside one, two or three apartments with balcony views of the Pacific Ocean, Maroochy River, Cornmeal Creek or the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. BOOK NOW